Forums » Rippln Forum

List of newest posts

• October 28, 2014 6:47 AM PDT
    • Looks like this deal is completely dying. Someone wrote a review here saying they ditched it.

From MLMRankings.com Trend Report http://www.mlmrankings.com/rippln/trend.htm

Just spiraling down into nothing.

• August 19, 2013 4:52 PM PDT
    • Rippln's loosing steam... Check out the latest MLM Rankings... Down 6.35% http://www.mlmrankings.com/rippln/

• May 30, 2013 4:26 AM PDT
    • watchdog you are smart, an insightful. 

• May 29, 2013 5:47 AM PDT
    • So here we are a month later, and still no apps from Rippln?

Am I missing something?

The Rippln.com page says they are still in their super stealthy pseudo prelaunch phase, but they have over 600,000 members. That's 600,000 email addresses plus additional info - a pretty hefty and valuable marketing nugget for future use.

I'm going to seed the list with a completely new email address in use nowhere else, for no other registrations, and see how long it takes before I start getting unrelated spam email when they sell off or start monetizing the list.

• April 27, 2013 12:56 PM PDT
    • Thanks for your feedback Joseph. I like to consider myself the sharp tool of reason, tempered with a touch of wit and sarcasm.

Regarding your question: Even a free business can be a scam.

This is the Internet age, and every valid email address has a distinct value for marketing. The more information, the more valuable. According to some experts, an email list of 10,000 plus members should be able to be monetized at a monthly value of at least 25 cents per address via email marketing.

Assume even 5 cents per name. If 200,000 people have enrolled in the Rippln prelaunch, the company has a list worth 10,000 a month. Forget about all the opt-in and can-spam rules, these lists end up in the hands of marketers all the time.

I would really like to see them roll out a legitimate app platform or app store that earns members some kind of residual commission. So far, the math just doesn't add up. But I will be the first to post a retraction and eat my words if I'm wrong.

• April 27, 2013 10:54 AM PDT
    • YOUR A TOOL. HOW CAN SOMETHING FREE BE A SCAM!!!

• April 27, 2013 9:27 AM PDT
    • Rippln Scam?

Rippln posted a new FAQ that is supposed to address some of the very questions I've posted in other threads, but really does nothing but leave me scratching my head. They're more like sugary sweet non-answers to satisfy the kool-aid drinkers.

I'm not going to quote the specifics, but I'll paraphrase:

Q: When is the app being released and what will it do?

Rippln: We can't tell you anything at all about what it does or when it will be released because we are trying to protect our super-secrety secretness while we evolve as a company.

Q: People are posting bad things about Rippln! What can we do?

Rippln: We are so super awesome with our mystery vaporware product that people are trying to take advantage of our goodness and success. Tell us about it and our SEO team will try to bury those results by creating tons of Internet spam sites to bury those pages in the SERPS.

Q: I'm hearing the Rippln is all hype no substance. Is this a scam?

Rippln: Shhh. Hush now. Listen carefully to our circular reasoning and follow the rest of the sheeple. We're new, and first to market with a new app that doesn't exist yet but does something no one has done before, but once it does exist we are going to be totally transparent and reward everyone who helped us market the nonexistent product that we can't tell you when, where or how will come into existence. We're building as much buzz as we can before we release any products, but if you'd like to learn more about what the company is like, just join for free and you'll know exactly as much as you do already, but we'll have all your contact info and will be able to market to you. And your skeptical friends, tell them "While there are no guarantees in life, a lot of people believe in this concept".

I have to give the marketing team at Rippln credit. They are shamelessly promoting a non-existent product - very successfully - by using mystery and fear of loss.

If they roll out some completely lame app that does nothing but let you refer other members via your smart phone, it will go down as one of the greatest marketing scams ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting Internet audience.

• April 27, 2013 10:03 AM PDT
    • I'm assuming this is a fake app, an effort by some scammer to profit from Rippln's lack of any real mobile app by creating a fake one of their own and posting in the Google Play store:

No reviews have been posted yet, someone from Rippln should post that it's a scam.

• April 27, 2013 9:42 AM PDT
    • With all due respect, the main Rippln FAQ is very well written, even the circular logic and excuses for no info on the product, prices or "rewards" are at least seamlessly worded into the document.

Not so for the Rippln Compliance FAQ. I have to include a snapshot on this one, because it's almost absurdly funny that no one proofread one of the key elements for avoiding regulatory action by Attorney General offices ( i.e. income claims ):

In case the image is not readable, it says:

Q: Can I talk to someone about the amount of money that Ripplrs are likely going to make?

A: No. Claims about the amount to be made will be tolerated. No one has earned any money and claims about what people are likely to make are misleading and not in the spirit of what Rippln is about.

Whew. Since claims *will be tolerated* let me offer an income claim - the company is going to make a fortune, fans and coaches, not so much.

Another prediction: Compliance FAQ writer fired, job posting for Compliance Manager: Editing skills required, English as first language also a plus.

• April 26, 2013 8:37 AM PDT
    • Per a friend who is participating in Rippln: "No commissions are being paid on referrals right now."

All the referrals being done without the app will not generate the $20 bonus.

• April 25, 2013 8:39 AM PDT
    • Gregory Musantry said:

Don't BRAG to me about how many FREE members you have in your deal... That's like counting the pigs in a blanket samples at the deli as sales

musantry, you nailed it brother.

• April 25, 2013 7:53 AM PDT
    • Joseph Hobson said:

just because you dont understand the comp plan doesnt make it bad. people will make millions.

the cost for domestic couch is 300 and the global coach is 900.  thats where hte comissions come from.

I'm more of a realist than a pessimist. If by "people will make millions" you mean the company owners, then you may be correct, especially if reps ( Rippln coaches? ) are paying $300 to $900 for...what exactly? I thought the app was free, so what exactly are you buying when you pay the Domestic Coach and Global Coach fees?

If you tell me it's so you can be qualified to earn commission on all the Domestic Coaches and Global Coaches who sign up under you in the future, I'm going to refer you to the Wikepedia page on "Ponzi Schemes".

• April 25, 2013 7:48 AM PDT
    • Gregory Musantry said:

Don't BRAG to me about how many FREE members you have in your deal... That's like counting the pigs in a blanket samples at the deli as sales

Perfect analogy Gregory. I've seen too many vaporware companies sign up tens of thousands of members through slick marketing and hype and never deliver a real product.

• April 25, 2013 7:46 AM PDT
    • Don't BRAG to me about how many FREE members you have in your deal... That's like counting the pigs in a blanket samples at the deli as sales

• April 25, 2013 7:44 AM PDT
    • your quite the pessimest arent you watchdog.

rippln is goign to blow up and be the massivest mlm ever.

just because you dont understand the comp plan doesnt make it bad. people will make millions.

the cost for domestic couch is 300 and the global coach is 900.  thats where hte comissions come from.

no one is getting the tweny dollar commission yet because the app is not released yet. you will wish you joined.

• April 24, 2013 12:52 PM PDT
    • I watched the comp plan video - it starts off simply enough and then just snowballs into this ridiculous mess of bonus after bonus after bonus with no explanation where the money comes from.

I don't even know if the app they mention - for referring new 'Rippln Fans' is even available yet. But the video claims that when you refer your first five people - free fans - you earn $20.00.  Then it explains that when one of your fans does the same, and earns $20.00, you do too.

To me it sounds like Rippln is promising to pay from $4.00 to $8.00 per person acquisition cost ( $4 if the $20 is only paid to one rep and the upline doesn't qualify for some reason, $8 if they both get paid ) and that's for a free fan. I know that every active email address a company has definitely has a marketing value, and if they actually need to download an app onto their phone, that means they can push advertising to them, but unless that app is active it's just vaporware.

And if your numbers are correct Jon - and I'm sure they are - then are the web-based referrals still generating a $20 credit for each five fans for the referrer, or are the reps exploiting their direct / warm market for a 200,000 free signup that benefits of the company in the hopes that later, when the app comes out, they can find more people to activate and earn their first $20?

If this whole thing is just a list generating scheme and then there's a participation buy-in required to be a "Rippln Domestic Coach" or a "Rippln Global Coach" at some outrageous buy in, it will definitely fail my personal sniff test and I'll wager it will be on the Zeek Rewards fast track to regulatory scrutiny.

It seems many of these new companies are testing this buy-in model where the higher priced buy in is required in order to earn the top commission from other peoples buy-ins, that its just paying for recruitments and not a product. Even Empower Network barely skirts this definition by labeling each level of buy-in as a different training threshold.

Can't wait to learn more about this one, and looking forward to any and all additional info anyone can provide.

• April 24, 2013 11:42 AM PDT
    • Saw earlier today they cleared 200k members - all without any knowledge of monthly costs, upgrades, or where the payments to "free" members will come from.

Credit to founders, they're doing a great job building interest in this one.... but it's so disheartening how many people jump in with no due-diligence or even think about it.  Lottery, get-rich-quick mentality fed by spamming links on social media.

• April 24, 2013 10:46 AM PDT
    • I just watched the Troy Dooley review of this company and there are ALOT of question marks witht his company. I don't think Watchdog is being a pessimist; I think caution needs to take precedence. The guys involved do have some steller backgrounds, but as far as follow thru.. not too sure.. They definilty have done an amazing market hype and got the buzz going.. but so did ZeekRewards.....and we all know what happened there...

• April 24, 2013 9:17 AM PDT
    • I have a LOT of homework to do before I manage to do the arithmatic of understanding how this one is going to work, considering how many apps there are, and what about iZigg, are they still around? They offered something that sounds a bit like this a few years ago.

• April 25, 2013 7:40 AM PDT
    • Your not allowed to post that

• April 24, 2013 5:04 PM PDT
    • Wallace Lacroix said:

Hey old friend, this is the first company I randomly picked to look at and do a little research today, is this a nutritional/fitness company? I'm about to look for myself but figured I'd ask anyway. lol

Wallace, excellent to see you here again.

There's really not much to go on yet with Rippln. The slick marketing videos and super secret NDA ( really not so secret ) marketing push suggests it's going to be an app and/or an app portal, but who knows what that app might be. Could be an app for plotting your horoscope ( or horrorscope ) or locating alien technology or predicting stock market trends based on crop circles and phases of the moon. Even the pricing of the products isn't available. But I can't wait to find out more, since my red flag meter is trending toward "questionable business model" right now.

• April 24, 2013 10:49 AM PDT
    • julie, the testimonials on your homepage are amazing. 

• April 24, 2013 10:38 AM PDT
    • Rippln is not a Nutritional/Fitness company. Is that what you are looking for? Check out YOLI The Better Body Company- A Premier Health & Wellness company. We are the founders of the Better Body System - Lose 7-15lbs in just 7 Days All Naturally, Safely with only the Purest, cleanest Ingredients. We also stand behind our system and all of our products with a 30 day, no hassal, Money Back Guarantee. http://BetterBodyChoice.com

• April 24, 2013 9:13 AM PDT
    • Hey old friend, this is the first company I randomly picked to look at and do a little research today, is this a nutritional/fitness company? I'm about to look for myself but figured I'd ask anyway. lol

• April 24, 2013 7:28 AM PDT
    • I noticed when evaluating Rippln that the company NDA and Terms and Conditions includes the address:

901 Sam Rayburn Highway, MelissaTexas, 75454

This is the same address listed for bHIP Global. Terry LaCore is listed as the Founder and CEO of bHIP Global. This seems to tie in both iZigg and bHIP Global founders to this launch.

Does anyone have more details on these relationships?